Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Break

I was being hard on myself. I often tell myself a lie which is that I should have an endless amount of energy. I was tired and it was only 9:50 a.m. Then a little voice came up inside of me. "Please review what you have done today," it said.

I made a mental list.

I woke up at 5:45 a.m. and took Hogarth for a two mile walk. I came home to find Nora Lee had awakened an hour early and wanted breakfast. I cooked hard boiled eggs and toast and fed her and Hogarth. I noticed we were out of dishwasher detergent and had a full load of dirty dishes. I went to the corner store for more. I came home and made myself some breakfast. While it cooked, I cleaned and oiled the dining room table, washed the windows and swept the floor. I sat down to eat my breakfast while sending a few emails I needed to catch up on. I made the shopping list and then went to Trader Joes to get groceries.

Sara, maybe you could give yourself a little break :)

1 comment:

Susanna Luck said...

Hi Sara,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying reading your blog. And that, yes, you *should* give yourself a break - and possibly a nap too!