Monday, February 11, 2008

Mexico






In the first part of January my brother Clay got married in Mexico. I was excited about this event and the trip but nervous about Nora Lee. She has done a little traveling with us by plane but before she was mobile and I envisioned a challenging five hour flight with a squirming little one.

We left home at 4:30 a.m. to begin our journey to LAX, then had a five hour flight, and a two hour busride to the resort where we were staying. We lucked out and had extra seats around us on both the way there and way home. This was an incredible blessing. My mom and step dad traveled with us to help with Nora and it was really nice to have four adults to one child. She slept part of the way there and did incredibly well on the twelve hour journey.
The resort was stunning and we spent the week enjoying family and friends and the beautiful Mexican Riviera.

Nora had never been in the ocean and she enjoyed playing and eating the sand. We were told to let her eat the sand and once she tasted it she would find out it wasn't so tasty after all. So we let her take that first handful, which was followed by another handful and another. When I picked her up to stop her from eating more sand she began licking the sand off of her fingers. So much for that advice :)

I snorkeled and Matt played with a wave runner. We took turns with family spending time with Nora Lee. There were forty adults and one child so there were many arms for holding and playing with her.

We took her to the Mayan ruins in Tulum where she rode on my back as we toured the historic site. It was pretty amazing.

She was the flower girl in the ceremony and she and I walked together and threw the flowers. It was a sweet experience and a beautiful ceremony on the beach. I even got to party into the night while family was with Nora Lee in our hotel suite. I had a blast.

I have to say that although traveling was tiring, she was an incredible little travel companion.

No comments: