Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nora Lee's Cookies





Last night while Nora Lee was lying in bed awaiting sleep, she dreamed up a cookie recipe.  This morning she told me about it and wondered if we could try it out.  I said sure.  I fully expected this recipe to be a dud, but thought it looked pretty close to what might work, so I thought, what the heck?

Nora Lee's Cookies
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups almond milk
2 Tb apple sauce (this was my suggestion)
2 Tb white sugar

She did all the prep work and covered them in sprinkles.  We cooked them at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.  When we took them out they looked good.  She tasted one and thought they were pretty good.  She ran into the bedroom to give Matt a taste.  I could hear him say, "Oh, well, what do you think of them?"  This was my hint that the experiment hadn't gone so well.  "Next time use less flour,"  was Matt's advice.

I came into the bedroom to join them and Nora Lee started to tell me something.  "You still have cookie in your mouth Babe,"  I said.  "Finish it first and then tell me."

"I can't swallow, it's stuck in my mouth," she said.

I died laughing.

No comments: