Monday, June 14, 2010

The Knight


Yesterday Matt and the Dust Bowl Cavaliers had a show at a folk event out at a state park in Malibu. It took place in an amphitheater where the sound was incredible and the audience ate it up. We stopped for burgers and milkshakes on our way home. All in all, it was a perfect day and then came the icing on the cake.

As we were driving home I saw this knight near a trash can with a bunch of other stuff. As we passed, I said, "Did you guys see that!" Matt turned around and we admired this unusual sight. "I want it! We can't let it get thrown away," I said. So we raced home (just another block or two) dumped Matt's bass, which takes up the whole car, and went back for it.

As I dragged it inside our house I was laughing wondering where the heck I was gonna put such an object. I told Nora Lee she could put it in her room and she said, "Really?!" So I put it in her room next to her bed and she decided he would watch over her and keep her safe in the night. He's not the full size of a man but he is about 5 feet tall and about 2 feet wide and made of thin metal. So cool!

As we were trying to come up with a name for him, Matt told her that his name should start with Sir...Nora Lee said, "How about Sir-vivor". We thought that was hilarious. Don't know if the name will stick but his first night in our home he was known as Sir-vivior.

No comments: