Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter






For Easter Nora Lee and I went to San Diego to celebrate with my family. Matt had planned on going but booked a commercial at the last minute and stayed in LA to shoot it. Our weekend was jammed packed but lots of fun. We went to the Wild Animal Park on Saturday (more on that later), to see Oklahoma! on Saturday night and then had an Easter feast and hunt Sunday.

We stayed with my brother and my sister-in-law at their house and celebrated Easter Sunday at my mom's house in Fallbrook. The feast was amazing and the hunt was really fun. All the adults searched for eggs with playing cards in them - the best poker hand at the end won. I didn't do very well but still ended up with an awesome gift, Obama's book "The Audacity of Hope". Nora spent time with her grandparents playing on the property and kicking her feet in the pond and watching the fish.

Nora Lee was the only child at the hunt and she did very well getting her eggs and putting them in the basket. By the time the hunt happened in the afternoon she had not taken a nap and was exhausted. She wasn't fussy, but had that glazed over look and sort of stumbled around like a zombie. When we drove back to LA that evening she was asleep before I got out of my mom's driveway.

It was a perfect first Easter.

No comments: