Friday, July 27, 2007

Here We Go...






Nora Lee is going to be seven months old in a few days and I am finally ready to begin the official documentation of this tiny beauty. I have so much to share and am doing this to remember all of the precious phases and to share them with all of the people I love. I'll start where she is now and will post later about earlier (and later) stages.

Nora Lee is a total and complete joy. We had no idea what an incredible experience parenthood would be. We heard that it was wonderful but didn't know it would be THIS wonderful! Matt and I have a goal each day to make her laugh as much as possible. Its like a drug. She looks up with her big blue eyes and then gives this little giggle and grin and we're toast.

We call her "The Chicken". She got her nickname when she was still in my belly and we saw her during an ultrasound at about 7 months. She had these little chicken legs and I mentioned that I had a chicken growing in my belly and that's what she's been ever since. Two weeks ago she went in for a check-up and the doctor asked if she was responding to her name. We guiltily looked at one another and said "no". When we left the office we decided that we better start calling her Nora Lee sometimes or she will never know anything other than "Chicken".

She has two teeth on the bottom and two front top teeth are on the way. She began teething around 4 months and had quite a hard time with it. These last two teeth don't seem to be troubling her the same way -thank goodness.

Things have changed a lot in the last week. She can't crawl exactly but she can get around wherever she chooses by sliding her body across the floor (this goes better on hardwood floors than carpet). She is very strong and is determined to get where she is going! She continues to stop throughout the day to do down dog (for those of you yogis) in an attempt to stand up. I feel like she may walk before officially crawling.

Nora Lee is big into tags and tiny tiny tails on stuffed animals. Anything she finds, blankets, washclothes, clothing, stuffed animals, she goes right away for the little tag and sucks on it. Its the funniest thing.

The other day Matt and Nora were in bed together dosing when she let out the biggest fart and scared herself half to death - she startled then fell back to sleep again.

We have been giving her some food - mashed zucchini, banana, carrots, green beans, canalope, etc. She makes the most hilarious faces as if she is eating something horrid and then asks for more.

We have been teaching her a bit of sign language but so far have not gotten a response. I'm curious to see how it goes.

Her anthem at the moment is:

"Little tiny little chicken
Little tiny little girl (Oh baby)
Little tiny little
Sweet tiny chicken
You're the sweetest little chicken
in the world"

I can't beleive she is seven months old. It feels like I was just pregnant. I am also aware that my life is going to change in incredible ways as she gets more mobile. Its hard to keep up even now!

Well, that's the latest.

Love,
Sara Jean

3 comments:

Baking with Melissa™ said...

OH! I love this! thank you SOOO very much for sharing this with me! I MISS YOU SARA! love melissa

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for including us in your circle of love, Sara and Matt. So happy for you! Good luck with everything.
love,
Susanna (currently in the UK) and Greg (in Portland)

The Lunch Fairy! said...

Oh my goodness... what a beautiful gift. Thank you for all of the beautiful stories- I'm laughing and crying in a tea lounge filled with strangers! I can't wait to read more, and to watch Nora grow.