Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fashion Design

I have no idea how this happened but Nora Lee seems to be very much into fashion. That's how she says it too, "Mom, I'm just really into fashion." She cares about what she wears and has strong opinions about my clothing as well. This is strange to me because although I like people to think I look attractive, fashion has never been my thing. We have found a way to work together which involves her having complete control over what she wears and is able to give me suggestions about my clothing on occasion. She is very patient with me when I choose something she thinks is a fashion fopaux and is very complimentary when I agree to wear something she has chosen. Truth be told, it's pretty great having someone give me guidance on my outfits, because I want to look nice, I just don't have enough interest to give it a lot of thought. She has been spending lots of time in her room listening to books on CD and creating clothing for her dolls with fabric from old clothes. She is using tape to bind everything so she is going through TONS of tape but this will end when she learns to sew at some point. She is listening to sometimes 4-5 books a week which is totally amazing and such a win-win in our household! She is currently listening to the fifth Harry Potter book. She loves the alone time to create and get lost in the story and Matt and I have time to get other things done around the house. Incredible! Here are her latest creations. I think they're pretty amazing.

No comments: